Home     About     Contact     Subscribe

3.04.2008

Savannah: From a Feet Perspective

Thursday afternoon, the Flamingos landed in Jacksonville, Florida and picked up their rental car in slot F, appropriately.

Just a short two hour drive and we were in Savannah, Georgia! After settling into our hotel and getting our bearings around town, we got down to very important business, where should we eat dinner?
Here are our dressed up tootsies at The Olde Pink House restaurant. Can you guess which one is mine?

Once our tummies were full it was back to the hotel to get in our comfy slippers and make our plans for the next day.

We decided one of the best ways to get a feel for the town was to take a trolley tour. We were usually the youngest people on the trolley and garnered a lot of attention in our pink fuzzy boas, bling, and matching flamingo tote bags. One of the nice things was you could hop on and off the trolley whenever you wanted to. Our favorite tour guide was, hands down, Chris. He was a true southern character and had us laughing our pink boas off!

Lunch on Friday was at Mrs. Wilkes. This delightful dining experience will be the subject of a future post.

Our bellies were beyond full, so we knew we better try and walk it off around town. Savannah has 21 town squares that add such beauty and charm to the city. We enjoyed walking through several of these.
As if we did not attract enough attention in our pink boas and bling, we raised a few more eyebrows when we took photos of our feet in various places.
In front of Pulaski monument,

and beside Forsyth Fountain.

A trip to Savannah would not be complete without a visit to Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady and Sons. Three words: Key Lime Pie.

The next morning we decided to climb to the top of this...

Tybee Island Lighthouse. Oh yes, we did.

We then dipped our toes into the Atlantic. Relaxing and refreshing!

Later that afternoon we toured the childhood home of Girl Scout's founder, Juliette Gordon Low.

We also toured Colonial Cemetery,

and took in the beauty of Spring.
Too soon it was time to pack up our boas and fly home. Our feet (minus Lacie's sweet pair, she flew on to her country haven--miss you already!!) landed safely at the airport Sunday afternoon surrounded the feet of our wonderful families.

These travelling feet were beat!

So, I'm curious, based on what you know about me, can you tell which shoes were mine in most of the photos?

More Savannah stories to come soon...

19 comments:

  1. This was the cutest way to document a trip! It looks like your feet had a wonderful time.

    I'm guessing the feet that are yours are the ones at 6:00 in the photos (guessing you took the photos), but I don't know!

    Glad you had such a fun getaway with the flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing the pink crocs??? Am I right? What a fun trip for you. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink Mary Jane Crocs!!!
    So glad you had a fun trip and are home safe....I am sure A. was happy to see her Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling post! I want to go shoe shopping right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a cute way to memoralize your trip. SO FUN! I loved it and it looked like you were able to do lots of great things with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I told Kim that she was the winner for blogging first...since NONE of y'all had posted as of last night when I went to bed. SOOOO....I guess you win too. My sister and Lacie are slackers. I've been PATIENTLY waiting for all the stories since sunday!!!

    As I told Kim, I'm so glad that y'all had such a good time and I am so glad that my sister has such wonderful friends like the 3 of y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Holly and makes me want a girls' trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shoe vantage point, too! I'm so glad to hear you had a good time, I can't imagine that you wouldn't with you 4 together!

    Did you see Paula or either of the boys? Can't wait to hear more details.

    I also think the pink crocs are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is oh-so-fun! I want to go on your next trip!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like the perfect weekend...I love your pictures. I would guess the pink shoes and then the pointy toed black ones. :) Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOw fun!! I'm jealous:) I would love to eat at the Lady and Son's!! Are your shoes the pink Crocs? These pics were adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pictures. What a fun way to document your trip. I have no idea about the shoes. I'd say the pink crocs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to jump on the bandwagon and guess pink crocs, too.

    Thanks for sharing the FABULOUSLY creative trip through the fun of your shoes. I nearly fell out of my chair between the first photo ("I am ready to for anything, because I'm a mom shoes") and the second photo ("Just because I'm a mom doesn't mean that I can't be a sassy woman who knows how to have fun shoes"). Congrats on getting out to enjoy life with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun way to tell the story of your trip.. fun pictures.. I have no idea which shoes were yours.. can't wait to read more about your trip

    ReplyDelete
  15. That many cute, newish looking shoes couldn't have been a coincidence, could it? You tipped them off on your plan, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so cute. You're so creative! The shoe idea is priceless and the slippers were darling!
    I have no idea which ones were your shoes. I'm guessing the crocs?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a CUTE CUTE post!! I am also interested in those pink and brown shoes one of your flamingo friends is wearing. They say something across the buckle.. those are adorable!!!!

    I have been wanting to go to Savannah! SOunds like you had a great girls trip! I need to look into it more.. sounds like a perfect getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the cutest photo op idea EVER. I'm so in awe of your creativity!

    And, um, the 6:00 shoes???

    ReplyDelete
  19. girls weekend sounds fantastic! (i don't even want to think about how close you were) (well, as opposed to how *close* you are in texas...)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say. I try to reply to comments and answer questions within each post so be sure to check back from time to time. Thanks for visiting!