Home     About     Contact     Subscribe

9.07.2012

Five for Friday

Here I am again.

Still avoiding posting about Annelise's birthday. I've come to the conclusion that I am wary to post about her 9th birthday because I'm fairly positive before I can barely get myself together (she's NINE now) (!!) time will continue to fly by and whoops, there she'll go turning ten. In something like 362 days.

I can't handle it.

So here are a few other happenings of late. Or recent tidbits. And what have you.
(This was my face last Thursday when the garbly speaker system at Sonic told me they were out of Diet Coke)
(Rude)
01.) Last week I got my hairs did. It was long (as in looooong) overdue. 

I am now more of a brunette.

With light parts.

At first it was quite a shock but now all. the. brown has softened some and the highlights seem to blend a bit better. At least it seems that way. 

And I'm back (for now) to wearing it straight. Or as straight as one with thick, coarse hair can in the humidity of South Texas.
(Her black Chucks slay me.)
02.) It's probably no coincidence (or co-in-key-dink) that the same week I started (again) to pray about choosing my words carefully, being slower to speak, slower to anger (ha!), and speaking with a kind, gentle voice without an impatient or irritated tone was the same week that Annelise's memory verse was Ephesians 4: 29 

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it might benefit those who listen."

and was also the same week that in the morning rush yesterday that I totally lost it over a missing library book and belt, especially since once I started helping with the search I discovered the true state of her closet and certain areas ( read: piles) throughout her room.

It's not that I spoke unwholesome (like cursing or something) words but I definitely was not building her up as I pointed out multiple failings in her room keeping skills with an increasingly raised level of voice.

Yeah. I hate that I didn't keep it together.

Over her room.

Big deal.

The good news is that we later got to practice the second part of her memory verse, Ephesians 4:32:

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other just as Christ forgave you."
03.) So I started The Odyssey the other afternoon.

With my sidekick, Joe.

This translation (Lombardo) is supposed to be more modern, easier to read and understand. I like it, yet still feel something is missing, an elegance of language perhaps. I don't know. I do remember reading this in college (different translation), but of course I had forgotten it, so I'm looking forward to discovering Odysseus and his homecoming anew.

04.) Y'all.

I almost fell out of my chair this morning when I read this post by Jen Hatmaker.

Y'all must click over and read it. Must.

In my head we're totally BFFs.

05.) For the life of me I can't scrape up a #5.

So I'll just shut this party down.

You're welcome.

Happy, happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say. I try to reply to comments and answer questions within each post so be sure to check back from time to time. Thanks for visiting!