Home     About     Contact     Subscribe

1.09.2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Thanks to the colder weather we've been having lately in this part of Texas (and which I am loving) I've been able to wear boots and scarves more. Several times over the last week my go-to item for a quick bit of pizazz has been a scarf. They add color or pattern, draw attention upwards and provide warmth.

They're a win-win!

I tend to choose lighter weight, gauzy scarves because I don't want to be too warm, especially indoors.

This is what I wore Sunday for church:
Black Ponte knit dress & charcoal tights & brown sweater vest: Old Navy
(I think this dress will be a great basic and can be dressed up or down based on accessories.)

Floral scarf: Target (I also bought the same scarf with a cream background)

Frye Jane boots: Zappos
Bangle bracelet set: Groupdealz
My sweet girlie popped in for a photo too, her outfit is all from Old Navy.

There you have it, short and sweet this week.

I'm linking up with Lindsey's blog, be sure to pop over there for tons more fashion inspiration!
pleated poppy
Happy Wednesday, y'all!

10 comments:

  1. loving this outfit, especially that scarf. lookin' good mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit but I love that sweater vest the most. Can I have it? hehe

    pay me a visit @ www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know if drapey vests or sweaters are still *in*--I hope so because I'm still hooked on them.

      Delete
  3. Hurrah! Another runner! I haven't done a marathon since I had my son (have only done one), but have a fit in a couple of half marathons. I like your outfit--pretty. I do that type of idea a lot...basics with pops of color in accessories & top layer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to *meet* a fellow runner! :) I'm not running a whole lot lately, but trying to get back into it.

      Thank you! I'm finally learning that it's better (at least for me) to have basics and mix and match.

      Delete
  4. Adorable outfit! Love the layering and that scarf. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our weather is so flaky between hot and cold, often on the same day, so light layers really help.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say. I try to reply to comments and answer questions within each post so be sure to check back from time to time. Thanks for visiting!