Home     About     Contact     Subscribe

7.03.2013

What I Wore Wednesday: Summer Dresses

During the past couple of weeks I've worn either workout clothes, some version of my standard summer uniform (denim shorts, random shirt and flips), t-shirt and boxers (aka my jammies) or as so happened last week the same (yet washed often) VBS t-shirt, boyfriend jeans and white converse.

As you can imagine it's been rather boring.

However Sundays of late have been much more fun.

Let's take a peek, shall we?

Dress #1:
striped dress & necklace: loft (they're having a super summer sale right now)
black cami: target
KUT from the kloth acid washed (hello, 1986 called, wants its denim back but I don't care) denim jacket: nordstrom (it's marked down right now!)
This jacket is very lightweight, slimmer fitting and has some stretch. It makes a great layering piece even for the summer!
earrings: kendra scott (danielle style)
watch: michael kors, nordstrom (during their recent big sale)
nail polish: mojito madness by essie
cuff: farmgirl paints (her shop re-opens in september)
nude flats: payless
(I think wedges might have looked better, but I was skerred I might fall.)
Dress #2:
striped dress: loft
navy cardigan: old navy
belt: target
coral flats: j crew factory
coral necklace: groopdealz
bracelets: twisted silver
watch: michael kors
polish: the girls are out by essie
messy day 4 hair: my own laziness

Actually, I've been trying out a Nume reverse curling wand (it's skinny at the base and gets wider toward the end, you just wrap your hair around--carefully). I'm still getting the hang of it but think I like this type of beachy curls, though I think overall it's probably better suited for longer hair so I may just have to be patient. Have y'all tried a curling wand before? Any tips?

Happy Wednesday, y'all!

pleated poppy

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Love it all, but I especially love the bright dress with the denim jacket. But of course, I grew up in the 80's, so I have a soft spot for all things acid washed. And every now and then, when I'm in the grocery store, I'll go sniff the aqua-net just to reminisce. lol! :) Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I have many memories of acid washed denim too--and all the 80s stuff. Some of it I'm happy to wear again but other stuff (stirrup pants a few years ago) not so much. :)

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting some new dressed that can be casual or dressed up, but am having no luck. Bummer. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I don't usually wear shorter dresses and I was worried about these being too short, but thankfully they're not. LOFT had a ton of great summer dresses to choose from--and on sale, so that was extra nice. :)

      Delete
  3. Love both dresses, especially the first one - and great accessories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! I think the multi-colored one is my favorite too. I hadn't shopped at LOFT in a while, so glad I gave it a peek. :)

      Delete
  4. Superb outfit , perfectly matched with designer footwear.. :)XoIxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking super fabulous.. All you need is a stylish pair of sunglasses for women with this outfit, and you would be out of this world.. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say. I try to reply to comments and answer questions within each post so be sure to check back from time to time. Thanks for visiting!