Home     About     Contact     Subscribe

1.15.2014

My Word for 2014

Well, I did it.

I chose my one little word for 2014.

It's not something I do every year, in fact I've only chosen one once before. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, I just always over complicate the matter by over thinking things to death and then it's the summer and I realize I never picked a word so I give up until next year so I can start the whole process anew.

But not this year, baby.

I didn't stew and hem and haw and second guess and wish and wash.

It's like my word chose me.

(Is that New Age-y or what?)

But whatever.

Drum roll please…
Yep. That's my word. Open.

Once I started swirling possible words around in the soup of my brain I kept coming back to open.

Have I told you that I am a major introvert? Or have you pieced that together on your own?

While I am quite comfortable in my introverted tendencies I realize that in some areas of my life I may have crossed over to the extreme and I've become rather closed off in physical, emotional and sadly, even in spiritual ways.

Enter my word.

Open.

Let's see what happens in 2014.

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely the BEST word I've seen yet! I may even steal it (if you don't mind) and keep it to *my* increasingly closed off self to repeat often.

    If I may share, (and this is why your word resonates) life changes my little family and I have recently made are quickly falling by the wayside and it makes me oh so unpleasant to be around (I don't even like me on some days, lol!). Therefore it seems nothing goes right! Because the way I planned was the right way and it ain't happenin'!

    I truly believe the mental wall I'm slowly erecting keeps good things from happening, yet I can't find my way out of my ever-growing funk! But maybe now...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read what your word does for you this year. So tweet when you write, so I don't 'miss it.Lol.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say. I try to reply to comments and answer questions within each post so be sure to check back from time to time. Thanks for visiting!